Missing teeth are more than a cosmetic concern, often leading to a cascade of dental problems that ultimately compromise daily quality of life. At Millennium Smiles in Frisco, TX, Dr. Dunia Korous provides several options for replacing missing teeth, often recommending the use of dental implants because of the many benefits they offer:
- 95% or higher success rate among patients
- Improved bone and gum health (compared to alternative restorations)
- Avoids degradation of healthy teeth (as in conventional bridgework)
- Improves appearance of smile and lower face
- Patients can enjoy a healthy diet without restrictions
- No worry of slippage or dentures “falling out”
About Dental Implants
A dental implant is a bio-compatible titanium post that is surgically implanted into your jaw bone, replacing the root of a missing tooth.
When fully integrated with the bone, the dental implant will provide stability and support for a replacement tooth. A dental implant can be used to support a dental crown for a single missing tooth or a denture to replace all of your missing teeth.
Dental implants function much like a natural tooth and provide a lifetime of use with good oral hygiene. With a dental implant, if the dental crown becomes damaged or worn, it can be easily replaced without the need for a complex procedure or additional surgery.
The Dental Implant Procedure
There are generally three steps in restoring your smile with a dental implants:
- Treatment Planning: Your procedure will begin with a consultation to plan your treatment phases and perform any necessary diagnostics. Dr. Dunia Korous, restorative dentist at Millennium Smiles will coordinate the surgical phase with a local specialist to ensure consistency of care and optimal final results.
- Implantation: a local oral surgeon will implant a tiny titanium post into the jaw which will act as a tooth root and support your prosthetic tooth
- Restoration: in about 3-6 months after the implantation of the post, once all tissues have healed, you will return to our Frisco dentist office to place your custom made dental crown. This will serve as a new tooth and enable you to enjoy a comfortable and functional smile.
You can brush, floss, eat and speak normally with a dental crown. Secured permanently in the jaw, there is no need for daily maintenance or special care other than good oral hygiene and routine dentistry.
Frequently Asked Questions About Implants
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants is determined by the number and location of implants, as well as your overall dental health. Millennium Smiles will review all of your options as well as the cost of procedures prior to treatment. Most dental implant procedures are not covered by insurance, however, we will submit the necessary billing and documentation to your insurance company to allow for the maximum reimbursement.
We also offer flexible payment options to help make dental implants more affordable.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
In order to be a candidate for dental implants, patients should be healthy enough for surgery, have healthy gums and adequate bone structure to support the implant. Dr.Korous will perform a comprehensive evaluation and recommend the various treatment options available to you.
What is the best choice for missing teeth?
Whether you have one or several missing teeth, there are many options for replacement. Dr.Korous will evaluate your oral health and help you choose which replacement option is best for your specific needs. In many cases, a dental implant is the best choice for someone who wants a long lasting, worry free solution. Dental implants give patients the most lifelike replacement for missing teeth with the ability to eat, drink, speak and smile confidently without any restrictions.
How long does a dental implant last?
With proper care and maintenance, you can expect your dental implant to last a lifetime.